Sunday, February 8, 2009

Plastic pants crisis

It's kinda sad when you have to start a blog with bad news, but we are in the middle of a plastic pants crisis. Gerber has not only stopped production of "Toddler" size plastic pants (31 pounds and over), but they are now going to a different kind of vinyl that is not the soft PVC we all know and love. This is supposedly for "green" reasons, but I seriously doubt that plastic pants in landfills are a big problem.
Sure chlorine will leach out over time, but empty bottles of laundry bleach are way more numerous, and therefore much more of a problem.

Yep, it's only going to be size 3T for the largest size which are much smaller than toddler size, and no more PVC.

I really miss the old days when you could go into just about any store, and buy either a 3-pack or single packs of Gerber toddler size plastic pants. They were made in the U.S.A., and were thicker than today's plastic pants which are now collector's items unto themselves.

I think all this nonsense started with the disposable diaper companies switching to this horrible cloth-like cover instead of plastic which ie still in the diapers by the way. But that's for another post.

It's harder and harder to have a good diapers and plastic pants fetish anymore.

So let's get to what this blog will be about. The answer is diapers and plastic pants fetish. I hope to write often, and will always be on the lookout for diaper and plastic pants related items, and hope to educate people that such a fetish is harmless as long as everyone is of age and consenting. If you do it alone, then no worries. Heck, even "Dear Abby" agrees with this one. There is no harm in "having fun" wearing diapers and plastic pants. And I just love wearing nothing but plastic pants too!

I think I might be able to link to pictures, so if I find any good ones of now vintage pairs of plastic pants and vintage boxes of diapers, or vintage diapers, I'll try to post them. There won't be any people pics though. There are other sites for that. I might be able to provide links, but you probably know about them already.

So I think that's it for now. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I have collected Gerber Vinyl Pants. I too miss the days of buying them at any grocery store. or borrowing some from a clothes line...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have 4 0r 5 pair of the original adult gerber plastic pants made by gerber in three oaks michigan going to put them up for sale

    ReplyDelete